Every woman can make an impact
Women Build is a national initiative to engage women in the effort to provide safe and decent homes for families in need of affordable housing. By recruiting, educating and inspiring women to build, they can transform lives in their communities. Since 2011, Women Build in Lee and Hendry Counties has partnered with 18 families to build strength and stability for 41 children and their parents through local fundraising and volunteer efforts.
Each year in March, women begin their Women Build journey at the Kickoff Party.
They celebrate with friends old and new, gather their teammates and set a fundraising goal to help raise the necessary funds to complete work on the Women Build houses. Then for the next six weeks, they work with their team to achieve their fundraising goal.
The two weeks leading up to Mother’s Day, teams and volunteers get to work rehabbing houses and transforming raw materials into homes.
The final celebration is a home dedication to celebrate the teams, volunteers and Habitat homebuyers’ achievements and the homebuyer receives the keys to their home!
Everyone can make a difference
All women (and men) are invited to empower change by building. There is a job for every skill level from painting and mulching to fundraising and advocating.
- Volunteer at the jobsite
- Gather friends to form a team
- Spread the word
Every donation builds a foundation for a stronger future
Together, we will raise funds to transform raw materials into homes homes that will empower Women Build families for generations.
- Lead a Team: Gather your friends and colleagues to set a goal, fundraise, and then volunteer. Take Girls’ Night to the next level!
- Become a Superwoman: Join the force of women who are the foundation of Women Build. With this 5 year commitment, you’ll earn so much more than a cape. Are you ready to unleash your inner superhero?
- Individual donors: Every donation makes a difference and no donation is too small.
- Sponsorship: Women Build sponsorship opportunities are an easy way to engage your business in local, life changing impact.
2017 Women Build homebuyer, Lellany, learns she will be able to earn and purchase her very own Habitat home.
Women Build Superwomen share the impact of Women Build.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
and our In-Kind Sponsors
“Every time I wake up, I still can’t believe we will have our own home. It means the world to me.” - Lellany
“This home will allow me to provide for my children’s education. I am so excited to finally have a secure place to let my children dream about their futures.” -Astride
“This home is my American dream come true. It will give my children a stable foundation and a quiet place to study. I still can’t believe it.” -Yaisy