Ages 55+ Community in North Fort Myers, FL
Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties offers affordable senior housing rentals for adults ages 55 or older. These units are non-smoking no pets allowed with a maximum of two tenants per unit.
Tenants must either be a US citizen or have a permanent resident alien card. No one under the age of 18 is permitted to live in the unit with the adult.
Tenants will be selected or denied for tenancy based on their need for an affordable rental unit, their ability to pay rent every month, and their willingness to partner with Habitat.
Tenant Selection Criteria
- All applicants must submit a completed, dated and signed residency application
- Applicant must provide proof of identification
- Applicant must submit a $20 non-refundable application fee
- Criminal records must contain no convictions or felonies within the past 10 years and no sexual offenses ever. In the event “adjudication is withheld” further documentation may be required, and applicant may be denied on this basis
- Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaint disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid non-sufficient funds for checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean without a lease termination.
- Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease execution in a minimum amount of one month’s rent. Habitat for Humanity reserves the right to require a higher security deposit or additional prepaid rent.