The Disaster Recovery Repair program is for low income Lee and Hendry County residents, who own their home, and in need of repairs as a result of a major natural disaster. Examples of repairs may include, but not limited to roof repair or replacement, siding, drywall, painting, windows and doors.
- Disaster Relief Program Informational Meeting
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 @ 9:30am
Location: Fort Myers Library, 1651 Lee St, Fort Myers (Meeting Room A)
Families may or may not have acquired their homes originally through Habitat. Following are the guidelines that qualifying families must meet for the Disaster Recovery Repair Program.
- Own the home where the repairs are to be made.
- Occupy the home as your primary residence.
- Household income must fall below 80% of the Area Median Income. We will determine this for you during the application process.
The following are important items to consider before beginning the application process.
- If you have homeowner’s insurance, you must file a claim with them.
- Funds received from a homeowner’s insurance claim, from FEMA, or any other money received for home repairs must be applied to the total cost of the repairs first.
- If approved, Habitat will perform the agreed upon repairs with the help of local contractors and/or volunteers.
- Habitat offers a hand up, not a hand out. Repair recipients will be expected to participate in the repair process through “sweat equity” and/or some financial repayment, depending on means.
- Homeowners must provide a safe, clean, uncluttered working environment for Habitat staff and volunteers.
Attn: DRP, Habitat for Humanity of Lee & Hendry Counties, 1288 N. Tamiami Trial, North Fort Myers, FL 33903.
For more information, call (239) 652-HOME (4663)