Thank you for supporting the building of homes in partnership with families in need of safe, decent and affordable housing—your generosity is helping to transform lives in Lee and Hendry counties.
Principles, Actions, and Beliefs
- We will hold in confidence all information concerning donors and prospects, including addresses, names of beneficiaries, nature and value of estates, amounts of provisions or gifts, etc., unless a donor or prospect grants permission to use selective information for purposes of referral, testimonial, example, recognition, or publicity. Donor names are listed in the quarterly newsletter and annual report, based on gift date, unless we are notified specifically about their wish to remain anonymous.
- We will not share, sell, rent or otherwise offer information about donors to other organizations.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing services to Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties, to protect the confidentiality of donor information.
- We have procedures in place to limit access to information by only those employees and volunteers who need to know such information in order to fulfill our mission.
- We will use our best efforts to comply with the expressed wishes of any donor who does not want their name used in any promotional material, wishes their name removed from solicitation and other mailing lists, or wishes to have their gifts or services be anonymous.
- We will collect, use and share information about our supporters among employees and volunteers only on a need-to-know basis and for the sole purpose of carrying out Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties’ mission.
We have created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. We do not collect personally identifying information when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. This policy is your guide to how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our Web site.
Use of Links
Use of Text and Images
Reading or Downloading
We collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet ,the date and time you access our site, and the Internet address of the Web site which you linked to our site. We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
Online Information and Donations
We may use your contact information to send further information about our organization or to contact you when necessary. You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mailings; see the "Opt Out" section of the email.
Credit Card Security
We are concerned about the safety and security of your online credit card transaction. We use high-grade encryption and the "https" security protocol to communicate with your computer's browser software. This is the industry standard in security protocol. This method makes it extremely difficult for unauthorized users outside of Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties to intercept your credit card information. This same high-grade encryption is also the standard for any personal information that you may share with us.
Sending us an Email
You also may decide to send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a web form that provides us this information. We use personally identifying information from email primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your email to other employees who are better able to answer your questions. We may also use your email to contact you in the future about our programs that may be of interest.
We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. Except as might be required by law, we do not share any information we receive with any outside parties. If you sign up for one of our email lists, we will only send you the kinds of information you have requested. We won't share your name or email address with any outside parties.
Opt-out or Change Your Contact Information
Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations will not proselytize. Nor will HFH work with entities or individuals who insist on proselytizing as part of their work with HFH. This means that HFH will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must adhere to or convert to a particular faith or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
Questions About Our Policies
For further information, please contact Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties at 239-652-0434.